Masses and prayers at the National Shrine
There are various ways to have Masses or prayers said for your intentions at the Shrine. There are four ways to have masses said at Walsingham.
- In person at the Mass Office at the Slipper Chapel, in the cloister, near to the Bookshop.
- By letter to: The Mass Office, The Slipper Chapel, Houghton St Giles, Walsingham, Norfolk, NR22 6AL
- By telephone to the Shrine Sister at 01328 820 495 between 9.30 and 4.00 (7 days per week but not during Mass, 12.00 -1.00pm)
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to have a candle lit at the Shrine, please complete the form below, choosing the type of candle. You can choose a candle to burn in the Slipper Chapel in front of the statue of Our Lady, or a Sanctuary Light in the Slipper Chapel or the Reconciliation Chapel. Please see the details below:
Telephone and e-mail requests are usually followed up by a letter with specific details and, in the case of a Mass, a donation.
At the Shrine we have a system whereby your intentions can be placed in a Novena of Masses that operates from the 1st – 9th, the 10th -18th, and from the 19th – 27th of the month. The Novena Mass intentions are placed on the Altar during Mass each day for the duration of the Novena. You can request a particular Novena so that an anniversary, birthday, memorial etc., is remembered on the appropriate day.
On receipt of a donation, and the extra postage, Mass cards can be sent to pass on to the recipient of your concern.
NB The Shrine Office is closed over the Christmas period (see Contact us page for dates)
Online Prayer Request Form
If you would like Prayers said, please fill in the following form and one of the Shrine Office staff will be in touch with you as soon as they are able.