6th July 2019 @ 12:00 - retreat Event
THEOLOGY OF THE BODY RETREAT Saturday 6th to Thursday 11th July 2019
What is ECHO?
ECHO is a Theology of the Body Retreat taking place this year in Walsingham in collaboration between the Shrine and Dumb Ox Ministries in the USA. At ECHO, we will immerse ourselves in, unpack, and explore the themes of prayer, our identity, and our mission to love. We are all created to be in personal relationship with God, and each of us are created as a unique, unrepeatable man or woman with a vocation to love like God. At ECHO, we probe into questions like: What does it mean to be a man or woman? What does it mean to be a son/daughter, brother/sister, husband/wife, father/mother? What does it mean to really love like GOD? What does it mean to have authentic, pure, life-giving relationships? How can being single, dating, religious life, marriage become a life-giving experience? And...so much more!
What is ECHO for?
ECHO is for young adults aged 18-35. Everyone who applies will be considered but due to capacity constraints, overall mix of male/female, and other factors, spaces at ECHO Walsingham will be necessarily limited.
Where is it taking place?
ECHO will take place at various locations in Walsingham. Participants will stay in the Shrine’s residential accommodation in Elmham House and Dowry House.
When will it start and finish?
With arrivals happening in the afternoon, we plan to start with Mass around 5pm on Saturday 6th July. The retreat will finish around 2pm on Thursday 11th July.
How much does it cost?
The retreat will cost £400 per person, inclusive of accommodation and all meals. A non-refundable deposit of £100 will be required to secure your place. We recognise that some potential retreatants might find the cost challenging and we have a few suggestions to ease the burden:
1. We encourage you to seek help with funding: your parish might help with funding this week of spiritual formation so please be bold and go and ask your parish priest.
2. Maybe pay in instalments, over up to 10 months: email us if you'd like to take up this opportunity.
3. Bring a friend and get £50 off for each of you.
4. Apply for one of our bursaries: see below.
Thanks to a generous donor we are now able to offer bursaries to help those with limited finance to attend ECHO: these will range from £100-£300. If you would like to apply for a bursary then please register as normal using the form below, ensuring that you answer the bursary-related questions at the end. Don’t worry: there’s no commitment on your part until you pay your deposit.
If you have any questions or concerns about the ECHO registration cost, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I find out more?
• Register here for email updates, including notifications of when this page is updated with new information.
• Email email@example.com.
• Follow ECHO Walsingham and the Catholic National Shrine of Our Lady on:
- Facebook: @ECHOWalsinghamTOB and @WalsinghamBlog
- Twitter: @WalsinghamEN
- Instagram: @ECHOWalsingham and @BasilicaWalsingham
• For further information visit Dumb Ox Ministries website at www.dumboxministries.com/echo.
How do I apply/book?
Please complete below registration form.